Monday, January 18, 2010

A Final Portrait (#18/365)

I finally got the chance to list my broken Nikon F4S on eBay for parts only, before I left for church yesterday. In addition to setting a buy-it-now price, I set up the auction so that 10% of the price would go to the Red Cross.

I like good karma.

I'm hoping this old camera can be put to use to spare the life/lives of one or more Niikon F4S. Nikon isn't making parts for these anymore, and they can be really hard to find. I know I'm not the only nut out there who LOVES this camera. To me, this is the best film camera Nikon ever made.

And, even though it's a tiny amount, I'm hoping the Red Cross uses the money to make a tiny bit of difference in the world. I can and will donate more, but this camera has been a special part of me - even though I didn't put but one roll of film through it.

I can't wait until I can buy another one. Yes, my Canon EOS-1 is a temporary fill-in. While I do like the EOS-1 a lot (although I just submitted the first roll of film for development -- so I'm completely withholding final judgment until I get those photos back) it's no F4S.

Until we meet again...

If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home