Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Equivalents, 2006-7, Desktop Wallpaper

Back in the 1920s and continuing into the 1930s, Alfred Stieglitz created a series of pictures of clouds, which he entitled "Equivalents." I've been very inspired by this series lately, and have started my own collection of Equivalents, as sort of an ode to Stieglitz. I'm not sure whether or not Stieglitz got to see jet trails (he died in 1946, long before jets became a standard mode of traveling across the planet), so in my re-interpretation, I'm trying to keep them out of my photographs, in attempt to capture the essence of what I interpret the emotion and sense Stieglitz saw in his Eqivalents clouds. My gallery of Equivalents can be found here, and here are some sample images that make nice desktop wallpaper for our modern-day computers. Feel free to use these for MySpace backgrounds, etc. If you want prints made, of course, I prefer to do that. Send me an e-mail (paul-at-paulmphotography.com) if you're interested.







If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home