Sunday, January 07, 2007

My New Toy...

After finding all the negatives I shot in my early days as a photographer, I've been wanting a scanner that I could use to scan them. I thought about holding out for an Epson 4490 so I could scan all the medium-format negatives, too. But tonight, I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. It'll only scan 35mm, but it also works as an all-in-one print/copy machine. It's an Epson CX7800 printer/scanner/film scanner/card reader. I've been scanning the old negatives for about an hour now, and my initial thoughts are very positive. It's not perfect, and I'd like to have a little more control over the colors, but it's a good first venture into the realm of scanning my negatives. The color's a little flat, but here's the first negative I scanned. It's one of my favorite all-time pictures from one of my favorite all-time photographic experiences. It was a very spiritual moment that I captured almost 20 years ago, and still recaptures the feelings I felt back then.

Edit 1/08/07 - I figured out how to tweak the colors, and re-scanned the image.



I'm havin' so much fun! Here are a few others:





If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home