Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Further testing of the Tokina

I had the fortune of being the recipient of one of the two free tickets my brother-in-law scored for the MNF Seahawks' game vs. Green Bay at QWEST Field. It could've just as easily been a home game for Green Bay, as there were many Cheeseheads in attendance and the weather was most definitely appropriate. For more on that, see my Sports Photos blog.

Before the game, I shot a few pictures of the vicinity. I'd already set my camera to ISO 1000, so I've had to post-process 'em in Neat Image to minimize the noise. The game gave me a decent environment in which to test out my 'new' Tokina 80-200 f/2.8 AIS SD ATX-II manual-focus zoom. I'm actually a bit impressed by the quality of some of the non-game shots I took. Here are a few:









I wish I'd've toned down the ISO a bit, but I'm still very pleased overall with this lens. It's a good one, especially for the price I paid. I'll eventually get my Nikkor, but for now, I'm happy using the Tokina.

If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home