Sunday, January 03, 2010

Out with the "Old", In with the "New" (#3/365)

Still haven't run a roll of film through - the weather's been too crappy to go outside with it. But the more I play around with the EOS-1 the more I really like it. Feels a lot like my D200 with much more simplicity. My favorite feature? AE locking works such that you push the button and it stays on without needing to hold down an AE button. I LOOOOVE my now defunct F4S, but the EOS-1 may well be the first camera I ever use where I can operate it totally by feel. So simple and clean! Why can't all Canon SLRs be so ergonomic? And Nikons for that matter...

I'm still a manual-focus junkie so I don't really care that the EOS-1 had better AF than the Nikon F4 (causing many a pro to switch from Nikon to Canon). The F4S is still a better camera for me. But I can see why a lot of people switched back then...

Labels: , ,

If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home