Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Mariners Legends (#5/365)

I did post the photo but I ran out of time for yesterday's blog post...

I had a concept for the photo, but I was crazy busy yesterday having to eat dinner, satisfy my kid who wanted some daddy time, and then head off to hang out with some local photographers. I ran out of time to be able to find what I really wanted to shoot, but I did find these in the box of cards I pulled out.

What's funny is - the Edgar Martinez card shows him playing defense. Today, the official announcement came that he fell very shy of the minimum percentage for HOF enshrinement. More than one voter commented that he didn't do enough with the bat to overcome the fact that he was a career DH. While I do call that argument bullshit, I do understand that the sentiment is popular, since a lot of NL writers really never got to see Edgar play. Funny - he did play well over 4000 innings over 500+ games at 3rd base, and he was a solid defender there. But it's not enough for many voters.

I could go on and on about what a sham the HOF results were this year, but this is my photography blog...

I will say this, though. Randy Johnson is the best MLB pitcher I've ever met. I'll never forget his first no-hitter and breaking the ceiling lamp downstairs as I jumped up and down. And being at the 19-strikeout game in which Mark McGwire hit a darn-near-600-foot home run about 50 feet over from where I was sitting.

While I did get this picture, I'd hoped to take a picture of the pictures I have from that game...

If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home