Thursday, November 02, 2006

Frigid!

It's been mighty cold in the morning 'round here. Having to defrost my car certainly hasn't been fun. But, taking pictures, of course, has been. I also downloaded a few free plugins to play with -- looking for a good IR-effect plugin (since I don't have the $800 or so it would take to get a second IR-converted dSLR, and I don't have the capacities to load and process my own IR film anymore). For this image, I IR-filtered using the Green channel in Red Paw Media's free Beautifier IR-simulation filter. It works in Fireworks 8, as do several of the other free Photoshop plugins I've tried. Sure, it's not quite the same as having real IR. But it's effective in this image anyway.



I'm a bit undecided, however, on how applying IR filters would work under my Group F1 philosophy. But since I shot this picture at f/7.1, it wouldn't count anyway. That's okay, though, because the philosophy certainly doesn't limit the photographer who subscribes to that philosophy to keep his/her photography within those boundaries.

A few more, however, that might fit into that philosophy:




If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home