Saturday, August 16, 2008

Autumn's Arriving, 2008

Every year, either mid-August or early-September, I seem to manage to find an inspiring image reminding me that Autumn color is just around the corner. On this fine 95º day (85º in my house), I happened to find this year's image:

Autumn Emergence, 2008

It doesn't appear likely that I'll get to continue my autumn tradition of shooting the Japanese maples in front of my house this autumn, since we're finalizing the sale of our house (and I don't want to trespass). I'm sure the trees will be thankful that I'm not out there sticking my lenses in them. Depending on which house we settle on purchasing (we have two really excellent choices), though, I may find other victims...

Here's a chronology of these images, to keep score...

2005
(Taken Labor Day weekend with my digital point-and-shoot)
Autumn Emergence, 2005

2006
(Early September)
Autumn Emergence, 2006

2007
(August 21 -- testing the 55-200 VR)
Autumn Emergence, 2007

Labels: , , , ,

If you'd like to use images in this blog post, please e-mail paul(at)paulmphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home